- Go to MEE6
- Select “Add to Disgust”
- Give MEE6 access to your Discard account and server
On Discord, you can add bots-friendly, free to use, artificial intelligence apps to improve and enhance your server.
They can automatically welcome users, ban or disrupt anyone, send alerts while you’re streaming on Twitch, and even let you play games.
You need to pick one of the various popular bot websites and add them to your server. All the coding and the difficult process of creating them from scratch has already been done for you.
With this in mind, we use MEE6 – one of the most popular Discord bots as an example of how to set up one to welcome new users to servers, without doing any additional work.
- Discord Client (Desktop or Browser Application)
- Internet connection
- MEE6 (or another specific bot website)
- Confirm Access to Your Discard Account. After selecting “Add to Discord”, an external pop-up box will open in your web browser, explaining that “MEE6 wants access to your Discord account”.
- MEE6 It is the safest and most recognized bot, so choose “Authorized” to allow MEE6 access to your account so that it can be used on your server.
- Select the server you want to add the bot to. You will be redirected to the MEE6 website, where the list of servers appears – as long as you are a member of them and have some permissions. Remember that you may not add or replace bots on a server that you do not have a prior discussion with the administrator or owner of the said server. In this case, we add the bot to our own server.
- Give MEE6 access to your Discord server. Another external pop-up box appears, prompting you to confirm the server you’re giving MEE6 access to. To allow this, you must have “Manage Server” permissions for that server. In this case we do, because we are the owner of the server.
- Click “Continue”, And you will be given a list of permissions the boat is asking you to give. These include: administrators, manage rolls, manage channels, ban members, and more. Click “Official” to proceed and complete the captcha on the next page. It is worth noting that the bot cannot read or send messages like you do.
How to use MEE6 as a welcome bot on Discord
- Go to the MEE6 Dashboard and select the “Welcome” tab. Now when you access the MEE6 website, you are greeted with a dashboard. From here you can edit and customize how the bot works with your server.
By selecting the “Welcome” tab, you are given the option to choose the channel on which the bot’s Welcome Messages appear on your server and how they are displayed. To further customize your welcome message, you need a paid premium membership of MEE6.
In the image below, we can see that the channel “normal” is selected. Similarly, when new users join the server, the bot will only post a welcome message on that channel.
You can change the text or use the default words for your welcome message. Scroll down for the option to send a private message to new users, give new users a role, or post an outgoing message if they make the decision to leave your server.
You can return to this tab on your MEE6 dashboard at any time to make any changes.
- Go to the server that gave you MEE6 access first and join new users. If you have followed the steps, a new user joins your server, enabling the bot to automatically post a welcome message on the channel you choose to appear on.
How to use MEE6 as a moderator bot on Discord
- Go to your MEE6 dashboard And select “Moderator”.
- Select “Yes” when prompted to activate the plug-in.
- Scroll down to “Auto-Moderator” and select the rules you want to invoke the bot on. For each rule, you can decide to delete a message posted by the user, alerting members that they have violated the server’s rules, or deleting the message and alerting the user.
- For example, we can have a boat Delete the message If someone uses a large number of emojis, warn members that they have posted overuse of emojis – or both, if you will.
- Once you are happy with the boat, choose “Save Changes”.
How to Remove a Boat from Your Discard
- Go to your Discord server.
- Right click on the bot. You will find a list of members on the right side of your server that contains bots.
- Select “Kick MEE6”. You need permissions and authority to kick the bot off the server – if you are the server owner you have it.
There are plenty of bots to choose from, all of which can perform different tasks and enable different tasks on your server. You can find them on a myriad of different websites, but some of the most popular options are:
- Assistant.GG Allows you to turn your server into a support ticket system, which is great for managing customer support if you are running a business or organization.
- Double counter Prevents people from accessing multiple accounts on the server and verifies their IP address so if someone is banned, they cannot make a new account and rejoin your server.
- Probat Similar to other moderator bots, but it allows you to customize welcome messages.
If you are concerned about which bots to use and are unsure about granting them permissions on your server, don’t hesitate to do further research or ask other Discord users if the specific bot is right for you and your server’s needs.