- You can blur the image you are taking using portrait mode in the Camera app, which is present on most modern iPhones.
- You can use an app like YouCam Perfect to blur any part of the image after you take it on iPhone or Android.
- Yukam Perfect is free and allows you to blur anywhere in the picture using a paintbrush or shape.
No one wants to see a faint image – at least, not a picture that is blurred by accident. But there are some good reasons to deliberately blur the picture. It may look artistic, for example, and the faint background draws attention to the sharp front. Armed with the right app, it’s easy to blur photos on both iPhone and Android.
How to Blur Image on iPhone with Portrait Mode
If you want to blur the background of your photo for an artistic, professional-looking portrait, most iPhones make it easy with the Camera app’s portrait mode. This feature is included in most models from iPhone SE (second generation and later) and iPhone 8 Plus or newer.
1. Get started Camera App and tap Portrait At the bottom of the screen.
2. Create your photo.
3. Before you take a shot, tap F Icon on the top right. A F Stop Slider Should appear at the bottom of the screen.
4. Swipe the slider to select the amount of background blur you want. If the number is small, the blur is more pronounced (for example, f 2.0 creates a faint background than f 16).
5. When you are satisfied, take a picture.
How to Blur Image on iPhone or Android
You don’t have to rely on the iPhone’s portrait mode to add blur to photos; There are apps available for iPhone and Android that allow you to add blur effect. YouCam Perfect is one of the easiest and most flexible applications with Blur tool.
YouCam Perfect has several blur tools to choose from. There are options to blur the entire photo except for the area of the shape (circular, oval or rectangular) that stays sharp and allows you to use the brush to blur anywhere in another image. Here’s how to use the app.
1. Install YouCam Perfect for your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Get started Yuqam Perfect. The app is free, but you’ll see ads to subscribe to the app’s premium features. You can dismiss these.
3. Tap Photo editing And select the photo stored on your phone’s camera roll that you want to edit.
4. Tap Accessories.
5. In the pop-up menu, tap Blur.
6. Blur tool provides some ways to blur the image.
- Circle: This default option displays the focus zones. You can drag circles around the screen and resize them. The center of the circle remains sharp and the image gradually fades toward the outer zone, giving the photo a natural look. Circle size and position to add blur you want in the photo. You can choose Ellipse Or Rectangle – All three of these tools work essentially the same.
- Brush: In many cases, the brush tool is a good choice. You can use Color And Delete Tools at the bottom of the screen to add and remove blur anywhere in the photo. Or, if you prefer, tap The person Icon – The app automatically tries to find the person in the photo and keeps it sharp, blurring the surrounding background.
7. When you are satisfied, tap Checkmark On the bottom right to save your image with these changes.