Snapchat lets you shop for real-life products or search screenshots for items used by the app. Here’s how to use Snapchat’s shopping features.
Snapchat is a fun app to send photos and other messages back and forth to your friends. You may not know that you can use Snapchat to stay up to date on the latest fashion trends and buy clothes.
From using images captured on your camera to shopping using screenshots, here’s how to find clothes from online stores using the social media app.
How to Find Clothes Using Snapchat
Snapchat’s scan feature has a variety of useful tools, including the ability to find clothes on the Internet that you find in your everyday life. If you’ve ever been out with a friend, don’t remember where she bought her top, or if you see a pair of shoes you can’t buy while shopping, you can use the scanning tool to scan the clothing item.
Snapchat offers you a variety of products that match or come close to the product you’re looking for.
Follow these steps to scan an item and find similar products online in real time:
- Open Snapchat.
- Point your camera to the item of clothing you want to find.
- Tap once on your screen to reveal the scan button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Scan Button.
- Below are the results for the fashion tap Learn more (If no fashion results appear, try scanning the clothing item again using a good light to improve your scan).
- Scroll through the options and find a piece of clothing that fits what you are looking for.
Once you find the item you want to buy, you can navigate to Seller’s website from Snapchat and buy from there.
Can you find the exact product using Snapchat?
Snapchat also has a scanning option that allows you to search for a specific item instead of a list of similar items.
Follow these steps to scan a specific product:
- Open Snapchat.
- Once the camera page is open, tap once to reveal the scan button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Scan Button. Once you’ve scanned your screen, a list of options appears.
- Scroll down to Discover more with the scan Section and tap Find the product.
- Point your camera to the item you want to scan.
Once Snapchat has scanned your item, it will return a specific product with a price tag and link to where it can be purchased. This feature is not always completely accurate. If you scan an item and you don’t receive the results you’re looking for, try following the steps above to find a list of similar options instead.
How to shop for clothes from your screenshots
If someone you follow on Instagram posts a picture of the shirt wearing it, but you don’t want to ask them where it is from, you can use Snapchat’s Screenshot feature to help you find it online.
Follow these steps to find products from screenshots of your camera rolls on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the Memories button directly to the left of the shutter button.
- Tap Screenshots In the upper right of the screen.
- Under Shop your screenshots Tap Look at everything.
- Tap on the screenshot where you want to find the product.
- Scroll through the related items and select the one you want to buy.
- Navigate to Seller’s Website from Snapchat to purchase the item.
Why should you shop using Snapchat?
Snapchat is a useful tool to find products online, and you only have a photo. You can also use Snapchat to scan products in front of you to find similar results online.
This is a useful tool to compare prices and explore your options before making a purchase.