Over the past two decades, Michigan State has repeatedly faced Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and North Carolina. But somehow it didn’t face one of the sport’s most successful programs, Villanova, winner of the 2016 and 2018 national titles, since 2002. That drought ends Friday at the Breslin Center.
· Watch the Michigan State Spartans FuboTV
· visit MLive’s betting house For the latest odds and sportsbook promos
- Who: Michigan State (2-1) vs. Villanova (2-1)
- When: 8 p.m
- Where: Breslin Center, East Lansing
- Recent streak: Michigan State -5
TV Network: Fox Sports 1
- Watch & DVR College Basketball Live | fuboTV: Stream live TV with ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN and top channels without cable. DVR included. Start watching for free. No contract, cancel anytime.
- Fox Sports Go | Hulu + Live TV | Sling | YouTube TV
Major Cable Providers
- Comcast: Channel 731/223(HD) | streaming
- Spectrum: Channel 90/707(HD) | streaming
- Dish: Channel 150 | streaming
- DirecTV: Channel 219 | streaming
*Channel numbers listed are for Michigan subscribers and may vary by geographic region. Check local listings.
Radio Network: Spartan Media Network
- Affiliates: WJR-AM 760 Detroit; WJIM-AM 1240/WMMQ-FM 94.9 Lansing; 22 other Michigan-based affiliates listed on MSUSpartans.com
- Live Streaming: MSUSpartans.com | iPhone App | Android application
- Satellite: Sirius Ch. 392; XM Ch. 392; SiriusXM.com Ch. 982
• Michigan State and Villanova have met just four times in the two programs’ history and have never met in East Lansing. The most recent adjustment was in 2002, and before that in 1989. Villanova leads the series between the two programs 3-1.
• Kyle Neptune is in his first year as Villanova’s head coach, taking over after the retirement of Hall of Fame coach Jay Wright. Neptune previously spent eight years as an assistant at Villanova under Wright.
• Junior forward Eric Dixon leads Villanova at 18.3 points per game, while senior guard Caleb Daniels is the team’s second-leading scorer with 16.7 points per game and leading rebounder at 6.0 boards per game.
• Michigan State is 2-0 in Gavit Tipoff Games history, having defeated Seton Hall in 2019 and Butler in 2021. The Spartans were set to participate in the event in 2020 before it was canceled.
• Cam Whitmore, a five-star freshman for the Wildcats, has yet to play this season due to preseason thumb surgery. The program has yet to update his status, but their original timeline had him reevaluated in early November.
Michigan State’s Joey Houser shined against Kentucky after the aircraft carrier scrimmage
Spartan Confidential Podcast: Michigan State Hoops vs. Gonzaga, Impact on Kentucky
‘Just finish’: Michigan State breaks through against Kentucky with execution