Inspired by the new film Illumination, Minions: The Rise of GruThe Minions teamed up with graphic artist Verdy, the founder of streetwear labels Girls Don’t Cry and Wasted Youth, to launch the Verdy x Minions capsule collection exclusively at Universal Studios Hollywood, starting June 17, and Universal Studios Japan, starting June 24.
What is happening:
- To celebrate the initiative, on Thursday 16 June, the famous guests were welcomed in preview of the collection during a private party at the Universal Studios in Hollywood, with the music of DJ Zack Bia, access to the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem carousel and at the Super Silly Store, where it will be possible to purchase the collection, as well as photo shoots with Illumination Minions and the character of Verdy’s Vick, signature cocktails, appetizers and more!
- Combining two global brands, both with great appeal, the Verdy x Minions collection reunites the mischievous Minions with Verdy’s signature character, Vick, after a record-breaking collaboration between the two style icons in 2020. The limited run will include t-shirts, sweatshirts hoodies, long-sleeved shirts, hats, accessories and skateboards come to life with the graphics of the new Minion Otto paired with Vick. Additional designs include larger-than-life Minions featured on long-sleeved shirts, as well as graphic tees and jackets with a reinvented design of Verdy’s yellow rose in a can with Minions wreaking havoc around it.
- Verdy x Minions is available exclusively at Universal Studios Hollywood, starting June 17, and at Universal Studios Japan, starting June 24, 2022, with a special limited edition launching on July 1, the same day. Minions: The Rise of Gru arrives in theaters.
What they are saying:
- The artist Verdi said: “I am delighted to continue my relationship with the Illumination Minions. Having my character Vick turned into a mascot and interacting with Minions characters at Universal Studios theme parks in Hollywood and Japan seems unreal. It’s a dream come true. “
- Scott Schiraj, Director, Franchise Management, Universal Brand Development, said: “Illumination Minions are global icons and have profoundly influenced pop culture and fashion around the world. Our first collaboration with Verdy x Minions sold out in less than 60 seconds. With fans asking for more, we’re thrilled to partner with Verdy on a new capsule inspired by Minions: The Rise of Gru and we’ve partnered strategically with our Universal Studios theme parks in Hollywood and Japan to exclusively launch the collection – super fans serving early access to these coveted limited editions.